Closing date: 15 March 2019
HGA is a well-established integrated communications agency, founded on our award-winning live events operation. Now in our 30th year of operation we count many of the UK’s best-known brands as clients and we are winning new clients faster than ever before. Central to the business is our well established and successful video production department. Over the last 10 years this has grown to not only be an integral part of our events operation, but also a standalone department that serves an exciting range of clients all over the UK and beyond – including in the last 12 months shoots in places like Chile and Brazil.
We have experienced a period of unprecedented growth from both existing and new clients and as such have an exciting opportunity for a talented Video Producer to join our ranks. We are very much looking for a video ‘all-rounder’ – someone as comfortable behind the camera as they are in the edit suite. We believe that the candidate we are looking for will likely have 2-3 years practical experience; however, we encourage any candidate who believes they are the best person for the role to apply.
You’ll lead projects from initial brief to execution, working within our talented Video Production team to deliver inspirational results.
We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate passion, knowledge, creativity and a keen eye for detail – ensuring the exacting standards we set continue to be delivered on every production.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Ability to manage and take full ownership of multiple concurrent projects including budget responsibility
- Skilled camera operator with hands-on experience of working in a variety of different shoot situations, ideally with background and knowledge of Sony FS7 camera
- Knowledge of and ability to light for video – both location and studio based
- Post Production skills – both editing (Premiere) & motion graphics (After Effects)
- Good understanding of other Adobe applications
- Ability to offer strategic and creative thinking to clients
- Strong ideas person – be able to interpret briefs and articulate and present your ideas – both verbally and written
- Experience of managing workflow and working as part of a production team
- Client communication and project development skills
- A passion for new techniques, equipment, creative and the world of video
The breakdown of duties will typically be:
- 20% Pre-Production – working with team/clients to come up with new ideas/concept/scripts to answer briefs + budgeting
- 40% Filming – being on location behind the camera to make your ideas a reality
- 40% Post Production – turning the material you capture into engaging and compelling videos that achieve results for our clients
This role is ideal for an ambitious Video Producer who wants to play a key role in a fast paced, dynamic production team and be part of an exciting future.
Please note that it is highly unlikely that anyone without a full driving licence would be able to fulfil the demands of this role and as with any job within the creative services industry, there is a requirement to work outside of the standard office hours when necessary.
We offer a career within an award-winning team that truly values and invests in all its staff and looks for ways to promote from within. You will be working on high profile, fulfilling and exciting projects from the day you join us. You will benefit from a competitive remuneration package that includes sector leading salary and bonus, flexible working hours, a comprehensive range of other benefits including pensions, private health and insurance all delivered from vibrant offices with in-house resources and award-winning services.
If you believe you are the ideal person for this role, please send your CV and a covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org
Strictly no agencies. Please note, if we receive CV’s and other unsolicited communication from recruitment agencies we will treat these as our own information to do with as we please.
HGA is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified candidates, regardless of gender, race, age, sexual orientation or disability.